Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I thought I'd do a post on my blog roll, give you a quick introduction to the blogs we read.

I have decided I like Granny's policy of adding people to the blog roll when they leave a comment. Makes it easy to decide who I add. Of course, I reserve the right to not add someone if they are mean or rude or their blog has questionable content. But those kind of people would never comment here anyway, right? Everyone on my blog roll is good people as far as I can tell.

So they are:

Reality is for those that lack imagination- Our friend Chris. He and James go way, way back to jr. high!! He is getting ready to leave for seminary in Iowa and we wish him all the best.

Mom in Guam- My friend Samantha. We go way back to High School and it all began when we shared a locker!! She and her family live in Guam where she stays home and her husband works at their local church and camp. They have 3 boys that are oh so blonde and oh so cute.

Sweet Juniper- Dutch, Wood, and Juniper. They live in San Franscisco and are getting ready to leave for Detroit. This is one of the first blogs I started reading regularily and I just love it. They are very honest, very funny, and Juniper is one adorable kid!

Information on Infant Circumcision- The title pretty much says what it is!! There is lots of information here on what circumcision actually is and why you should avoid it. Excellently referrenced information from a fellow MDC mama.

Palantyri's Bar Stool- This is James pesonal blog. He talks a lot about sports, specifically baseball, specifically the Cubs. The family gets an occasional mention though!

Where in the World.....- This is the blog of my cousin Ryan and his girlfriend Brittany as they travel around the world. They left the US last December and have been wandering the planet. It's been quite a journey and if you get the time to read from the beginning you will learn a lot. I love reading where they are and what has happened and I am so there with them in spirit!

April Showers- April is James sister. She lives in North Carolina and is a Children's Ministries director in her church. It's nice to know what she's up to when she posts because she tends to be a very busy person!

Heather- Heather is James mom. She lives about an hour and a half north of us. We see them pretty regularily, but it's still nice to have another avenue to keep contact.

Out and About in Colorado- This is the blog of my friend Jeni. She and I were roommates for 4 years, we moved out here together and experienced the bulk of our twenties together. It's been really hard to keep contact now that we have each gotten married and I have the kiddos, but having a blog sure does help!

Roc Rebel Granny- Ann was the first visitor to make a comment on our blog. Her blog is about her life with her husband and 3 great-granddaughters. They are cooking in the California heat right now!

Today I am adding to my roll:

Susie's Space- Sue has stopped by and commented a couple of times now. She is also in California and writes about life in general, her big kitty, and her grandkids. Today she has up a recipe for Applesauce bread that sounds pretty good!!

Things that make me go Hmm...- This is my friend Felicia, also a pal from High School. She is expecting her first baby with her hubby Tim and they are getting pretty excited. Her thoughts about every day occurances have given me a good laugh, she has a great sense of sarcastic humor!!

Well, that's about it for my blog roll. I'm just waiting for Ian to wake up from his nap so we can head to playgroup. There's been a few other things going on around here as well, so I may post again later today!

5 comments:

Stepford On Wisteria said...

I feel like such a VIP now. Making your Blog Roll and all. :D

Felicia

palantyri said...

so do I

Granny said...

Me too and thanks for the kind words.

Sue said...

Thanks for the sweet words and including me. I think I found your site through Granny!

The Mama said...

Awwwwww, you guys are all very welcome!!