Sunday, July 16, 2006

Pics from yesterday evening.
Gracie watching, yep, you guessed it, Chicken Run. We have limited that movie to once a day now, and she actually went a few days without requesting it at all. I think I am going to make an every other day rule this week though. She has the silly thing pretty much memorized at this point. A friend of mine said she thinks kids watch movies over and over like that because they are trying to process all the emotions that occur. I guess that makes sense. But I am getting just plain sick of it. And I actually use to like that movie!

Ian kicking back. The blanket he is laying on was a sewing project when I was in college. I'm so glad it's getting some use 10 years later!!
This is "Slimy the worm". Some of you may be familiar with Slimy from Sesame Street. I was outside yesterday evening and watering the flowers when Gracie saw this little millipede crawling on the patio. She immediately dubbed him Slimy and played with him and talked to him for quite awhile. It was really cute. Until she started trying to pick him up. She was pinching him really hard. I think that their encounter may have been the end of the road for poor Slimy. I put him in my flowers, but he didn't seem to be moving. It may have just been shock, it may have been more. I'm not really sure.Gracie following Slimy around.
Gracie holding Slimy. This is where the poor little guy probably met his end! Kids and bugs!

3 comments:

April Showers said...

Poor Slimy! I love Sesame Street. Does Gracie watch that ever? I think it's so funny that she loves Chicken Run so much! I haven't seen it in a long time. Does she still like the Wiggles a lot? What other new loves does she have? Her hair is really getting long. I love the one picture of her from a few weeks ago where you can see the curls really coming in. Can you attach videos to your blog and let people watch them?

Granny said...

She's so cute, even with the bug.

As cute as a bug? We used to say that in the south.

Nope, she's cuter.

April Showers said...

Hey guys...I think this is the longest you've gone without a new blog. You must be busy! What are you guys up to today? Has Gracie watched her movie yet today? :-) It is so stinking hot out here. The temp is about 96 and with the heat index it feels like it's about 104-105. Very warm!
I just got out of a staff meeting and thought I'd jump online and see if there was any new blogs. Hope you guys are having a great day. Talk to you soon! Love ya!