Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!!

Well, actually yesterday was my birthday, but I was so busy celebrating I didn't get to post!!

I had a very good day thanks to my sweet husband and good friends!

James made me a yummy breakfast of pancakes before he left for work.  We went out for lunch with 3 of my friends and their kids which was really nice and fun.  It was also the first day I was watching Dominik, so we had to be home by 1.  A little after he arrived James came home and told me he had taken the rest of the day off!  He brought home a yummy ice cream cake from Cold Stone.  Then after Dominik left James went and picked up dinner for us from a local BBQ place and we ate a delicious dinner here at home.  Then a quick trip to the park to wear out Gracie, and home to eat the cake!!  It was a very nice day!

I got a purple guitar (ordered and being delivered) so I can teach myself how to play and a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure from James and a bracelet from the kids that has also not arrived yet, but may be here today!  And.... I also got tickets to go see John Mayer and Sheryl Crow at Red Rocks!!!  I'm going with my friend Iris, it will be my first girls night out since Gracie was born, almost 2 and a half years!  Believe me it is well deserved!  I am a little concerned about Ian because he still nurses for  95% of his nutrition, but he is taking a cup fairly well, so I will pump milk for him and hopefully he will survive and I will be able to enjoy myself without worrying too much! 

Today I am doing laundry and starting to pack.  Tomorrow I will finish packing and clean the house.  Then Friday we are off to Chicago.  I don't know how much if at all I will be able to update, we are not bringing a laptop and we will be helping my dad and Helen set up the computer we gave them for Christmas, but I don't know when it will be functional.  I will have a lot of blog catching up to do when we get back in town. 

Talk to ya later!

3 comments:

samantha said...

Have a Great Trip---wish I could be there to see you!! Oh Well, one of these days!!

Sue said...

Belated Happy Birthday! Cold stone ice cream is the best! Glad you had a great day.

Jeni said...

Happy birthday! I can't belive it's September already!