Sunday, September 03, 2006

The kids are sick so we sit indoors. (AKA- Happy Labor Day Weekend!)

So, Gracie and Ian both have colds.  Yuck!  Luckily this is the first Ian has been sick since a very minor cold when he was about a month old.  The benefits of breastfeeding!!  Anyway, we are lying about trying to get better, taking huge doses of Vitamin C, and various other homeopathics and herbs in order to get better by next Friday.  We have to get on a plane at 0 dark hundred on Friday morning.  I do not want them to be stuffy, Gracie always has problems with pressure in her ears when we fly as it is, I really don't need the added issue of booger pressure!  I am so glad it's a long weekend though, they have both been sleeping like crap, and James and I have been exhausted.  I will never understand why children sleep so poorly when they are sick.  They need sleep more than ever and they get less than normal.  It's a very frustrating cycle. 

Anyway, here are a couple pictures from yesterday.  The kids were having a dance fest in the living room.

 

This last picture is actually from last weekend, but I thought I'd throw it in!!

I hope everyone out there is healthy and happy.  Happy Labor Day Weekend!!

3 comments:

Sue said...

So sorry to hear you've got a "bug" at your house. Hopefully they'll feel better before the flight...

Stepford On Wisteria said...

Awww...get better Gracie & Ian!!!

samantha said...

Oh the joys of sick children!!! Hope they get better soon and definitely before your flight!!! I'll e-mail you my mom and dad's address and number---my sister lives there now and my bro Mike! They would love to see you!