Sunday, October 29, 2006

Daylight Savings Time Sucks

I know I'm not the only one who hates daylight savings time.

but having a toddler, let me say, IT REALLY SUCKS.

We get the nice little fall back action. and instead of being like 90% of other people and getting to sleep an extra hour. What happens to people like us? We get to get up an hour early. And we get to keep doing it for like 2 weeks as you try to convince your kids to sleep later and later.

I got to get up at 6:15 today. Gracie has been averaging between 6:45 and 7:10 wake up for the last couple of weeks. but see, now that we get our little time change, well. I'll probably be getting up extra early for a couple of weeks. Seriously.

I don't get it. And I found out that next year they're moving the dates of the time change around. extending day light savings time a couple more weeks for "energy savings" . So seriously. If that's really the point, why not just add 2 hours and leave it that way for the whole year? I mean. I actually don't get the point. If we're not going to go with universal time, then why not just do whatever we want to?

Can different people have their own timezones? I've been accused of that in the past, and frankly, that'd be fine. We'll have James Standard Time.

Now, what do i do? must sleep.

Somebody owes me an hour!




powered by performancing firefox

4 comments:

samantha said...

Ah, I am thankful we don't have to change clocks here--same time all year long!!

Anonymous said...

You are probably going to hate me because Andrew is a total late sleeper. Some days he will sleep until 9am. Yesterday he slept til 8 am, so up earlier for him. He goes to bed at 8:30/9:00 and sleeps until 8:30/9:00 the next morning, although there are days where he is up at 6 or 7, but not often.

Your consolation, I was up at 5:30 am yesterday because my body clock is set for 5 am during the week and 6:30 on weekends, so I was up.

The Mama said...

Ugh... it was even worse this morning. At least yesterday Ian kept sleeping so I got to stay in bed with him while James entertained the girly. This morning, Gracie was up at the ungodly hour of 6 am and Ian followed at 6:15. And this is after putting them to bed a little later last night to help them adjust. Gracie is like a rooster, she gets up with the sun, it doesn't matter when she goes to sleep. I love daylight savings time, I wish we'd just keep it all year. This stupid change for the winter messes everything up.

Granny said...

I prefer Daylight with the extra hour of sunshine in the afternoon but I wish we'd make up our minds and stay with one or the other.

Thanks for the comments. Yes, Rochelle was trying for a fright effect, giggling all the while.

I looked at the pics on your two later posts. They're adorable as always. Glad you had a good time.

Oh and Ian climbed a step without landing on his bootie. They grow up so quickly.