Wednesday, October 04, 2006

I guess I shouldn't have used that title yesterday, but who knew I'd need it today

So my theory that bad things happen in 3's still holds true.

I fractured my right ankle tonight.

Seriously.

We were in the ER for 3 hours and I am now the proud owner of a half cast and a pair of crutches. Like a bad flashback to High School.

How you ask? Walking. Yep, just plain old walking. And tripping, can't forget about the tripping. I tripped on a curb because I was smiling at a nice lady sitting in her car at the post office (by the way, Jeni, you can expect a package).

So, my theory holds true, and I can breathe easy now because we shouldn't have a streak like this for awhile now. And at least it happened to me, not one of the kids. Which is actually what I asked for after the first two bad things. I told God that if we really had to have another bad thing happen to please let it happen to me and not one of the kids. So, the kids are fine, I have a cast, and James gets an unexpected few days off work to play Mr. Mom/Nurse. It should be fun!

Oh, and I know this says James posted this but it's not him, it's me. On top of everything my laptop is dead. Go figure.

7 comments:

Jeni said...

I guess since you were mailing me a package you can blame me! Hope you get better fast!

April Showers said...

Yikes...a fractured ankle. That sounds like fun! :-) That's good that James can take off work to help you out. I hope you have a quick recovery. How long are you supposed to wear the cast?
How's the weather out there? It's supposed to be 81 here today and then 61 tomorrow. It keeps kind of going from Fall back to summer. I just wish it would stay in the 70s. The leaves are starting to change. They're so pretty. I love this time of year!

lisajo5 said...

The first thing I thought about after the first sentence was high school. I cannot believe you fractured it by tripping on a curb, you poor thing. Good thing James can take some time to take care of things. I hope you feel better soon and are back on your feet again. How long will you have the cast? What do the kids think of the cast and crutches? Scott severly sprained his ankle and Bobby was fascinated with the crutches and kept trying to use them.

Sue said...

My son fractured his ankle that very same way! So sorry for you...

Chris said...

Man, I am having flashbacks too. I hope you make a speedy recovery. But hey, you get to have someone wait on you for a change!

Chris

Anonymous said...

Oh Alice .. even after 15 years somethings just do not change huh ? Hope your recovery is quick !!!

The Mama said...

Jeni, I would blame you, except it was actually the printers fault. Well, actually it was the fault of the guy that sold us crappy ink that won't work in our printer so I couldn't print postage at home and have the mailman pick up at my house. Yep, it was his fault. That's what I get for trying to save a few pennies I guess!