Thursday, October 05, 2006

Sitting on the couch sounds like much more fun than it actually is.

Ahhhhhhhh, recovery.

It's so much fun.

I slept in this morning, and that was actually really nice, not something that is done too often around here.  Then I moved downstairs to the couch.  And except for a couple trips to the potty, it is where I remain.

I have to say, I feel really bad for James.  Remember, I am an admitted control freak.  It is HARD to sit here and not say anything while he goes through the motions of doing my job for me in addition to meeting my needs.  I am trying to not need much.  But the kids, oy!  We have an ebb and flow to our day.  I do things a certain way.  James does them different.  Trying to let him do what he does while I have to sit here and can't do anything is an exercise in patience.  He doesn't do anything wrong.  He just does things different.  And I am trying to adjust to that.  The last thing we need is to be disagreeing about everything.  I know he is frustrated because he should be at work.  He should not be cleaning spinach and emptying out Gracie's potty while trying to keep her from dumping out all the toy bins and bash Ian on the head.  That is typically my job.   He is not use to having to do it all himself, but unfortunately I can't go halvsies right now.  I can barely move myself to the bathroom and back.  I feel like the queen of lazy and there isn't a thing I can do about it. 

This is gonna be a rough few weeks.  Stay tuned if you are prepared for some first class whining.

And if you want to chat, just call.  I can't do anything but talk on the phone right now anyway!

4 comments:

samantha said...

Oh Alice, send me your phone #--I know I have it somewhere in an e-mail. I would love to talk to you---I feel so bad!!! I do understand about adjusting to James running the show---I had alot of bleeding after Jack and had to stay put---I tried to be nice, but sometimes it's hard esp. when they do EVERYTHING totally opposite of what you would do!! But on the other hand you do feel bad for them because they really are trying--they are good husbands!!(:

lisajo5 said...

If you want to chat send me your #, I am home pretty much all the time and since I am not working I have to do something to keep myself entertained. You know my email. As a person not willing to admit that I am a control freak I totally feel your pain of watching someone do your job and not doing it the way you would do it. James is great for jumping in, Scott would be completely lost if something happened to me,he still asks me if Bobby can have something to eat. Good luck and just enjoy the time you have to relax, even if you are in pain. Love ya.

Chris said...

If you feel like chatting around 4:15 CST time send me your #. I would love to talk to you. I have a 45 mile one way commute and lately I have been talking to Lisa on the way home. Email is in my blogger profile if you need it.

I think we can all relate. I am less of a control freak, but sometimes I do not get why Justin does things the way he does. Some things just don't make sense. He does try and he really is great. I think our roles are reversed though. Justin is home with Andrew and I work full time.

Hang in there and try not to go crazy.

April Showers said...

I can totally sympathize with not liking to just sit on the side and watch. It's the Catch 22 of wishing that you had nothing to do, and then when you have nothing to do (or can't do anything), you go nuts and wish you could be doing stuff. :-)

I'm sure Ian and Gracie are liking having Daddy around a little bit. They probably notice things are different too, don't they? I know you're thankful that your husband cares enough to be around to help out, even if it's in a different way. Maybe you can get caught up on emailing and what not.

I'm glad Gracie likes the purses. Have you looked at the birthday pics? There are some really cute ones of the kids on there.

I have to run an errand, but I just wanted you to know that I'm thinking about you. I'll be praying that your ankle heals quickly and that you can "enjoy" your "downtime". I love you sweetie! Have a great afternoon!