Tuesday, November 07, 2006

You're gonna vote, right??

Please go vote.  Please.  It's one of the few ways we have to communicate with our leaders.  The more our government realizes how many citizens are invested in the process the more likely they are to listen.  At least that's what I hope.
I am so glad today is election day.  A couple races here in Colorado have been brutal.  The negative ads on TV have been driving me nuts.  I'm so glad I don't have to watch them after today.  It's so hard to figure out the truth in all this stuff.  I have been on the internet reading candidates stances and issues and trying to figure out who seems to make the most sense.  I admit I am crossing party lines a lot, but that's where the issues are taking me.
I have tried to vote twice already, but didn't have time for the long lines either time.  I went to an early voting place last Friday, but the lines were insane and I only had an hour.  Same thing this morning, I had about an hour before Dominik got here but the line was two hours long!!  Ugh.  Stupid me, didn't think to get an absentee ballot, so I am going to have to go stand in line tonight after James gets home, no matter how long it will take.  I think the reason the lines are so long is because the ballot is especially long this year with lots of amendments and referendums.  Those are the ones that take the most research.  I feel prepared though, I have studied up and I think I understand the repercussions of all of them.
So, anyway, go vote!  It's a right we have that people of other nations fight to the death for.  It's your civic duty!
Go vote!

No comments: