Monday, January 22, 2007

Well, we're all still sick.

I am feeling a little better, but now the kids have it, and on top of things Ian has rota-virus. Have you ever had a kid with rota-virus? I can sum it up in two words for you: Toxic Diapers. Seriously. They are the worst, I mean absolutely the worst. He's in pretty good spirits though. He won't eat and has been nursing like a newborn, but otherwise he's acting pretty normal.

Gracie is all sniffily. She had rota-virus last year, right after Ian was born, so I am hoping it won't get her again. I'm not sure if it's the kind of thing you only get once, I need to go look that up.

We've been dosing up on healthy foods, vitamins, and homeopathics. Hopefully this will pass soon, I am really sick of feeling sick. I started feeling cruddy last Sunday. I can't remember the last time I was sick for over a week!!!

In other news, I told Blogger to go ahead and switch me to the new Blogger system and it seems to have made some things weird, like made some commenter's anonymous, and I can't use my other program to write posts, for some reason it's not linking up right. Hopefully I will get that fixed soon.

Oh yeah......and I have to say GO BEARS!!!!!! I grew up in the 'burbs of Chicago and I am so excited they are going to the Superbowl!!! My dad is especially happy but as luck would have it will be in Mexico for the big game. What are the odds that the year the Bears made it to the Superbowl again would just happen to be the same weekend that he goes out of the country for the first time in like........forever. Well, hopefully he will be able to find a nice little Mexican bar where he can watch the game! We're going to Chicago for James grandpas wedding on Feb. 17th, so hopefully we will be able to pick up some fun Superbowl shirts and stuff.

The snow here is killing me, we got another stinking foot of snow yesterday. I am so absolutely sick of it. We have now gotten over 6 feet of snow in the last 5 weeks here at our house. Because our HOA sucks the sidewalks are basically impassable which means I can't even get the kids out for a walk. With the sickness and the snow we have been so housebound, I am beginning to feel like a prisoner. I was seriously begging James to move somewhere warm last night. We were thinking Guam since we know people there. Samantha....let me know if you guys have needs in the technology department. I want to live where there is a beach and sunshine and temperatures no less than 70 degrees most days of the year.

Can you tell I am so very ready for spring?

Have a great day!

6 comments:

April Showers said...

Oh man...I can't believe you guys have been under the weather for so long. No fun. We've got tons of kids and adults out here passing around a 24-hour stomach/fever virus. Sheldon got it last night. I haven't gotten it yet...cross my fingers.

I haven't messed with the new Blogger thing. Do you like it better/worse?

When are you guys going to be in Chicago? I really want to be there...I'm just trying to get some ticket prices and work out timing details.

samantha said...

Ha--you are too funny!! I must say the weather has been quite nice here lately---about 84 and some trade winds off the ocean---can't beat it this time of year!! I'm sure we could find James a job(: Move on out!!!
Sorry to hear you guys are so sick---I hate it when you can't go anywhere or do anything--hope you guys are all feeling better soon!!
Ah yes, GO BEARS!!!!! The game was on here at 6:00am Monday morning---so of course Ken was up early to watch and then I came out around 6:30 joined soon thereafter by the boys--my poor boys think football is on Monday morning!! We actually have our Super Bowl party on Monday morning---nobody goes to work, it's like an Island holiday!! Of course then we have drunk people all over the place the rest of the day!! Ah, such is life I guess!!

Felicia said...

Yucky poo, sorry to hear you're all still sick!

"James' Grandpa's Wedding" just struck me as so funny & cute. GO GRANDPA!

We shall require at least a dinner with you guys when you're in town.

Susie said...

I think people that haven't switched to beta come out as anonymous. Might be wrong on that, but seems to be the case on mine.
I do like the new features pretty well.
Hope you get feeling better (all of you) soon!
:)

Pamela said...

Oh gosh, that is rough. Hope you all feel better soon. It is the pits to feel house bound!

I have not switched and it hasn't posted my comments anonymously. However, tonight it wouldn't let me publish my post. *sigh*

Chris said...

Chicago huh, send me an e-mail and let me know your plans. If you are going to be in town a couple of days, I would love to drive up and see you.