Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Crazy, Crazy, Crazy!!!!!

That is, in a nut shell, how I describe life right now.

You all know that we have been going back and forth and back and forth about staying here or moving into a larger home. Well, last week we decided to put our condo up for rent. We definitely cannot sell it, the market just won't do us any justice in that, but we can rent it out and have someone else pay our mortgage while we get a place with more space. So we have written out a couple ads and are in the process of finding a renter.

In the mean time we got our pre-approval for a mortgage for a second home! I can hardly believe I am even writing the words second home. Never in a million years would I think that we would be owning two homes, at least not this soon! But it's working out so we are going to go for it. We are actually going out in just an hour with the my friend Karen, our real estate agent, to look at some homes. We have one in particular that we really like but are looking at 6. As soon as we get someone to put a hold deposit down on this place we will likely be making an offer on a new place. We will be staying in Parker and we will probably be very close to where we live now.

So, please send out prayers for a good renter, because that's going to be pretty important. And hopefully we will get someone soon, so we can make an offer on something we will see today and not have to go out looking again! If all goes well we will hopefully be in a new place by the end of April!!!

The kids are handling the insanity pretty well so far, Gracie is very excited because she is convinced she can have another dog as soon as we have a yard. I have been telling her we couldn't get another dog until we had yard and I can see that has translated in her mind to "The minute we have a house with a yard mommy is going to get me a puppy!" I guess we'll see, her birthday is coming up........ Otherwise she's just Gracie, cute and sweet and funny as ever. She's such a good kid! She's really trying to include Ian in what she does and is learning to be patient with his baby/toddler behavior. They are becoming fast friends, I can't wait to see what the next few months will hold, I think their relationship is really going to blossom.

Ian is also doing well, he is teething one last molar and then will have his eye-teeth to go. He's really not a bad teether though so it hasn't effected us too much. His favorite word these days is "uh-oh" He says it no matter if he drops something, throws something, or just sees something on the floor. It's really cute!! He is also following Gracie around everywhere and mimicking her behaviors, it's so funny. He is growing up even faster than she did thanks to her example. It's amazing how fast time has flown by. He loves books and cats right now, and is big into learning animal sounds. Before long he'll be talking a mile a minute.

I'll try to get some pictures up later today, but I make no promises since I don't know what else might happen!!

6 comments:

Sorry Roger. You tiger now! said...

How exciting for you guys!!!

TWO mortgages??? I am freaking out over the commitment to just one...I cannot imagine two. I might have a heart attack from anxiety if that were me. Tim is still a little upset that I'm not willing to buy the half a million dollar house because that huge of a mortgage freaks me out. You'd think he'd be happy that I'm satisfied with less!

I hope you find awesome tenants and can make this all happen in short order! If this works out, we'll both be moving at the same time. Egads!

Emily said...

So excited for you guys, I LOVE house hunting! We've been here 2 years with 2 more to go and I've already got the moving bug. I love unpacking and finding new spots for things. Keep us posted on everything, maybe we'll make it back to CO soon and can see your new place.

April Showers said...

A house...yeah for you guys. I'm also getting ready to venture out and buy a house. I'm scared, but really excited!
Hey...you should send Gracie with my mom next month when she comes to visit! :-)

Brandi said...

Oh my gosh!!! You know, if we were in a position to do it, we'd rent from you in a heartbeat!!!! Unfortunately we are stuck with my parents for at least a year until we get the rope o' debt around our necks a little looser.

The Mama said...

Oh Brandi I know!!! I wish so bad we could just let you guys live here......*sigh*..........but alas we are not rich!!

samantha said...

Yea, good for you--I hope everything works out---we have been thinking of buying also but it's a pain in Guam so we have to really be ready!! Keep us posted!