Friday, March 16, 2007

Well, it's been quite a week!

Since I last posted:


I went and had a manicure and pedicure, a gift for my birthday that I hadn't used 6 months later!! It was very nice.

We installed a new kitchen sink. It's 9 1/2" deep and beautiful stainless steel with a new faucet and sprayer. I love it very much. Unfortunately the plumbing wouldn't match up because of how far the sink dropped and there wasn't anything we could do about it, the exit pipe had to be completely changed out. For that we paid a plumber. We didn't want to, but we weren't about to mess up the plumbing permanently!! So it took til Wednesday, but now I have a brand new beautiful kitchen sink!

Ian has Roseola. Apparently it's going around, I know of two other kids that have it, one of which he was with last Friday. Or I suppose he could have picked it up in the ER last Thursday. So he had a 103-104 fever Monday through yesterday and this morning has a beautiful head to toe rash. I'm just glad it's over, I could barely set him down for 4 days and I am physically and mentally exhausted from it.

So that just about sums it up. We plan to have a quiet and restful weekend. I hope you do too!!


5 comments:

Susie said...

I'm glad you had your manicure and pedicure to help cheer you. Caring for sick little ones can be so exhausting!
Hope they're feeling better soon!

April Showers said...

Oh my goodness. Poor Ian. Was he at the ER for his arm, is that right? Poor guy! Every once in a while the daycare will pass that around to 5 or 6 kids. I hope Gracie doesn't get it. No fun!

That's great about the new sink. I know you're loving that!

And a pedicure...I'm jealous. This week it's been almost 80 degrees. But today it's in the 40s and rainy. I need to get a pedicure before it's sandal weather again.

Give the kids hugs and kisses for me. I love you guys!

The Mama said...

No worries about Gracie, she had it last year right after Ian was born and it's one of those things kids just get once, so thankfully I don't need to worry about her!

Heather said...

Isn't it amazing how one innocent home project can turn into something bigger than we imagine!
I hope you enjoy your new sink.
Sounds like you really need rest. Glad to hear Ian is on the mend though. Give a hug to both of them. Love, Mom

HORIZON said...

Poor wee lad- he has been though the wars lately.
keep well
x