Friday, April 27, 2007

Quick post!

Tomorrow is Gracie's birthday party so today I will finish doing up the little party bags and making sandwiches to serve for lunch. We are doing a light lunch and cake after the kids play for an hour. I'm just gonna make finger sandwiches and have veggies and snacks to grab. Simple and easy.

We got her a bike like this only I got it at Target so it was just $50. I don't know why I can't find it on the Target site. Anyway...these bikes are suppose to be great for kids to learn how to balance and steer before adding in the complication of having to pedal. I hope it works and she likes it, she's been begging for a bike but she is a perfectionist and she insists on doing things herself. I think this will be a good idea because she will be able to do it without help from the start. I saw this kind of bike on Sesame Street actually, when Grover did a thing about riding bikes in Denmark. So if this goes well I can thank Grover! We picked up a helmet and little knee and elbow pads the other day. I can't wait to see how excited she will be to get it!

I have decided to take on another part-time job. I will be watching Dominik's little baby cousin 2 days a week for just 4 hours each day. It will be different days than when Dominik is here so I will only ever have 3 children which I think is just plenty. His name is Blake. They brought him over the other day and he is a cutie!! It will be fun to have a baby in the house, and even better that I get to hand him back to his parents after just a few hours!!! He'll be 9 weeks old when I start watching him, still little and scrunchy. This means I will be working 4 days a week now, two 4 hour days with Blake and two 9 hour days with Dominik. 26 hours a week on top of my own little ones. I'm a busy lady!

I'll post pictures after Gracie's birthday party!! I hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I hope Gracie has a wonderful birthday party. I can't wait to see the pics of her and the bike, she is going to be super excited. Have a great weekend.

Reduce-Reuse-Repsycho said...

Happy birthday to Gracie!

It's been a crazy wknd for us with the move, but you'll have to let me know how that cool bike went over!