Sunday, April 08, 2007

so it turns out, stairs are extremely dangerous. i accidentally bumped little Ian down the stairs today. I don't know what happened, but as I turned from the linen closet at the top of the stairs, i bumped something. I turned. and saw Ian tumbling down. rolling parallel to the stairs.

i was so overwhelmed. panicked. unholy thoughts run through my head.

I ran after him. He came to rest at the bottom of the stairs. On top of the vacuum. which had been there after the day's cleaning. (the kids have been puking at around 3 am the last 3 days. first G, then little I, then G again) which is ridiculous. and has required a large amount of cleanup. I was unable to catch him. I tried though. and I couldn't reach him. Imagining the worst. he was shrieking. I thought the worst. I picked him up. and comforted him as best as I can. then I passed him off to Alice and he nursed for a few minutes crying oww all the time, and was up and running again like nothing had happened. nothing but a black eye. or two. in just few mins....

Thank God. words can not express how bad that might have been. and how upset that thought has made me.


God is merciful and forgiving. Praise be.

J

1 comment:

Granny said...

I've found that the louder they scream, the less they're hurt. It's not a hard and fast rule but silence scares me more.

Glad he's okay. They seem to be made of India rubber.

Saving an extra comment - I belong to freecycle and love it.

I missed a lot of your posts. You weren't coming up on Bloglines; probably because of the switch to private.