Friday, June 15, 2007

What's been up with us.....

Well let's see. The dogs have both been sick with Giardia which has made life very........um........ poopy shall we say. I have cleaned their kennels more the last couple of weeks than I even care to think about. It's disgusting.

The kids came down with colds the end of last week and although they are a lot better they are still pretty snotty. Hopefully it will end soon. They were too sick to take out last weekend so we ended up missing the Parker Country Festival which was a real bummer. They have a fun pancake breakfast on Saturday morning with a great parade afterwards that we had to miss. Sunday we decided that since the kids really shouldn't be out doing much we would take a long drive and we went up to the mountains. We drove up to Woodland Park and had lunch and then drove home. It was practice for our trip to Chicago that is coming up. We have decided to drive instead of fly to my class reunion. A road trip with the two little ones could be interesting! Here's a few pictures from our Sunday drive:


Yesterday was my last day watching Dominik. I was kind of sad, but I'm also very glad to not have to worry about him and how to schedule our lives around the days he's here. We went to the zoo for his last day with my friend Desiree and her 3 little ones. Here is a picture (And no we didn't pose them that way!) :
And here's a shot of Ian who was tired of waiting for us to catch up so he just sat down in the middle of the path!



I am going to sign Gracie up for a couple classes for the end of the summer now, it should be fun. She is going to take swimming lessons and a two hour drop off class where she will get to play and swim and learn how to get along in a group setting without mom around. I'm sure she'll have a blast!

We are still in a wait and see pattern with our house. I talked with the real estate agent again today and she said we will probably need to hold on to this place for the next two years in order to turn a profit of any sort when we sell. That was very disappointing news since we were really hoping to be able to list it for sale by the end of this month. So now we are back at the rental idea. Can you tell we are really confused about this situation, I feel like we are going round and round in circles! We are very ready for more space, in particular a yard. I am also ready to not be connected to my neighbors and have to park outside in a parking lot. Hopefully we can get something figured out soon. I'm at my wits end with the dogs being sick and I think that's what's made me so anxious to get out of here. It's not too bad most of the time, but not having anyplace to stick a sick dog is really frustrating.

The plans for the class reunion finally fell into place and the invitations went out. The responses have been slow but are coming which is nice. I hope to see lots of people I haven't seen in awhile and it will also be fun to show of my little family!

Tomorrow we have plans for dinner out at Joe's with Desiree and Adam and their little crew. I am so glad summer is here and we can eat outside there again. I love the little park they have for the kids. It will probably be a little more tricky this summer though since Ian is a little too unstable to be left to fend for himself among the big kids (not that he thinks that).

Sunday I am not sure what we are doing, James hasn't declared any wishes yet although we have tossed around the idea of going to the Renaissance fair, something we have wanted to do every summer we've been together and have never managed to pull off.
So, that sums it up for now!! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

April Showers said...

That stinks about the sick dogs. I really hope that you guys are able to pursue a house sooner than later. I know how anxious I was to get out of an apartment, and it's just me, not 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 kids and 2 parents. :-) Sounds like you guys had fun at the zoo. Give the kids hugs and kisses for me. Love you guys!

Brandi said...

Oh man...Ben's dog (before we were married) had giardia. It was a MESS! My brother had giardia too once, but it wasn't quite as bad ;-)

And MAAAAAAYBEEEEEE....in two years when you're ready to sell, we'll be ready to buy!! I'm going to have to work my butt off, though, in order to make that happen.

Maybe when things settle down we can get together again!

Heather said...

Hi fom Grandma. Sounds like you really have been busy. I don't know how you do it-I don't have a very strong stomach for that kind of mess! Have a good weekend! I love you all-give the kids a kiss from me,Mom

Reduce-Reuse-Repsycho said...

My sympathies on the doggie tummy aches. Bell and Kate have had explosive butts this week too - I have no idea what, or from where. Maybe they got it at the bark park? Anyways, I've been elbow deep in it this week too, so I REALLY feel for you. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't smell so vile!

I hope James has a great Father's Day!!! :)

Susie said...

So sorry for the doggy sickness. Hope your car trip works out well for all of you!
:)