Monday, August 06, 2007

I had a very vivid dream about Sarah last night, the kind of dream that you would just swear was a real event if it were not for the fact you know you were asleep. When I woke up this morning I realized that today it has been 9 months since the accident and it is a Monday, which is the day of the week it happened on. So I e-mailed Drew to say hi and let him know I'm thinking of him and the girls on what I am sure is a very tough day. The anniversaries are so hard, I wonder if it ever gets any easier.

Here's a picture of Sarah, Maya, and Abigail. It was taken the night before she died, obviously she had no idea she was in the last 24 hours of her life. I haven't shared any photos of her yet but since this blog is private I figure it is safe to do so.


She was a truly beautiful person. I am so glad I was lucky enough to be her friend.

Now everyone go hug your lover and your babies and be thankful you have today.

4 comments:

samantha said...

I'm so sorry, Alice. She was beautiful and her girls are too.

Brandi said...

Wow...thanks for helping me put things in perspective today. (((hugs)))

Felicia said...

My heart just broke a little and now I am crying. What a devastating loss.

~L~ said...

((hug))