Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Pictures, and lots of them.

I actually had more but the photo card and computer are acting up so I will have to do more later if it will all work.

Anyway, in no particular order (I'm afraid to try to move things around!)

Here we are at the Douglas County Fair:

Here's a beautiful rainbow that appeared right as we got to the fair. We were getting ready to go in to watch the rodeo. It was so huge and so bright, the picture doesn't do it justice at all!
Here's Ian sleeping, which isn't all that remarkable except that I had moved him from the car to the couch. This is something that NEVER happens. My kids don't stay asleep when I move them. Since it happened this once I had to get photographic evidence!
Here's Chris when he came to visit for a little while before he took James off to the Cubs game. I figured I'd show you what he looks like when he isn't hidden behind a bush!
The next few are from our camping trip. The first couple are from the very top of the mountains. We took a 4x4 road up from our campsite. It took us about an hour to get to the end of the road which was a uranium mine!! It was very cool. If we didn't have kids with us we could have easily hiked to the crest of the mountains there. It was so beautiful!

This is the view back down from the top. We were camping wayyyy down in the valley there.

These last few are just of our campsite. We went with our friends Desiree and Adam and their 3 littles; Spencer, Sophia, and Claire. It was so fun to camp with friends. The kids were occupied the entire 2 days and had a blast! The creek in the photos ran behind our campsite. It was a great sound to fall asleep to! We stayed at a small camp ground in the Pike National Forest. It was remote, but not really remote enough. The first night we didn't have anyone around us which was great, but the second night we had a couple people close to us. I think next time we will look for somewhere even further off the beaten path. When I camp I like to pretend no one else in the whole world exists.......



2 comments:

April Showers said...

How much fun is that! I love the picture near the bottom of G and I. Ian is such a cutie! I'm glad you guys got to do the camping trip. I love to camp, but haven't done it in years! Give the kids hugs and kisses for me!

~L~ said...

I so love camping. LOVE it. I appreciate that you included a pic of your campsite. I expect you to stare at it longingly in the months to come.