Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ianisms

Well, he doesn't really have that many but here's a couple that spring to mind.

His newest phrase is "Awwww man". We can thank Swiper the fox for that one and if you don't know what I'm taking about you obviously don't have preschoolers! He says it every single time he doesn't get the response he wants. He says it with the voice of disappointment and usually a cute little head hanging for good measure. It's adorable!

He loves to hug everything. He's very snuggly. He even hugs his food. I'm not kidding! Randomly throughout the day he chooses to hug and pour affection on various things like pretzels, books, shoes, cars, cups, etc...... He will pick them up and hug them to his neck and call them baby. It's the sweetest thing ever.

He's taking cue from big sister and doing lots of "Humph"ing at us when we tell him no or ask him to do something he doesn't want to. He usually also crosses his arms and turns his back. And then he will peek at you to see if you are watching. Then he smiles and usually forgets what the whole thing was about. He's not one to hold a grudge, thank God!!

Here's a cute story from today. I put him down for his nap and he took a whole line of train cars with him, like 5 pieces. He was driving them around on his bed when I left. When he woke up I came in and he immediately says
"Trains? Where go? Trains?" So I said
"Trains? Well I don't know, what did you do with them?" I started looking on the floor figuring he tossed them off. Then he smiles and says
"Hiding.....pillow..." and he lifted up his pillow. There was the whole train. I guess he put it there for safe keeping. He loves to hide things. He also always says things are hiding if we can't find them. It's so sweet!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I bet it's neat to hear Ian express himself, considering Gracie talks so much. Sounds like they are both doing well. You do have some neat projects going on too.