Wednesday, September 10, 2008

They make me laugh so darn hard (when I'm not trying to crawl under something to hide).

This morning in the car Ian started yelling that he had a boogie, which was no shocker since we have all been sick around here. I told him he would have to wait a minute and he was quiet. Then he says.

"I got it"

"You got what, did you wipe the boogie off?"

"Nope, I ate it."

Great.........

A few minutes later he starts saying he has a boogie on his finger again. I told him just to wait and he says

"It's otay mama. I like dem. Boogies are my friends."

*me laughing* "They're your friends, eh?"

"Yes, dey my buddies."

"Well, that's fine then. Just don't eat your buddies, ok."

"Otay mama."

"Thanks bud."

"Your welpome mama"


Then we get to the store. I was on the hunt for a pair of tennis shoes and an air pump. I get to the sporting goods section and I'm mumbling to myself about which pump to get, the hand pump, the foot pump, the pump that looks like a pogo stick. Too many choices. So I say

"I'll just get this one, it's the cheap one."

and to my horror and embarrassment Ian starts screaming "NO MAMA, NO GET THE CHEAP ONE, I HATE THE CHEAP ONE, NO GET THE CHEAP ONE!!!"

and Gracie pipes in "It's ok Ian, mama always gets the cheap one. Mama likes cheap stuff. Mama's cheap."

So there you have it.

1 comment:

felicia said...

I just laughed so hard I think I scared the dogs!