Monday, September 15, 2008

This is Kirby

There is no denying his beauty.

And his beauty isn't just skin deep either. He has a beautiful soul. Really. I know it sounds weird to say such a thing about a dog but it's true. He just wants to be loved. He follows me everywhere and just wants to put his head on my knee and look at me adoringly. He's only been here for 4 days and he's fit in so perfectly it's amazing.


I think I may be in love.

This is the trouble with fostering. It's business as usual and then WHAM. Beautiful doggie with perfect disposition comes in and I'm suppose to be content just caring for him and passing him on to someone else.

Completing an adoption for him will require a huge box of tissues and a large bottle of tequila.

I'm not sure I can do it.

1 comment:

felicia said...

*giggles*

Adopt him already! It's not every day you find a perfect new family member. All he needs is someone to love him for the few years he has left. He's an elderly gentleman, and since he's so advanced in years it's not even like adopting a whole dog! It's like adopting a half a dog and you didn't promise James that you wouldn't do that, did you? Hmmmm? ;)

He looks like a total sweetie. Goldens are just the best dogs. Our home wouldn't be complete without our sweet Golden, Katie. All she wants is love. I would have another Golden again, any day. If you don't adopt Kirby, I'ma fly out there and take him with me!!!!