Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Just too many.

I found a cat today. I need it to find a new place to stay today. I hate finding stray animals, I always feel like it's my job to take care of them. I don't want to take it to the shelter but I might have to. Adult cats have a 60% chance of being put down in a shelter, that's why I don't want to take him there.

We are getting a rescue dog tonight. This is the major reason the cat must go today. I feel conflicted. Too many unwanted cats and dogs.

Public Service Announcement:

PLEASE SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR DOGS AND CATS AND ADOPT FROM SHELTERS OR RESCUES OR LOOK IN THE FREE ADS OR CRAIGSLIST. DO NOT BUY PETS FROM PET SHOPS, YOU ARE SUPPORTING PUPPY MILLS WHO ARE MAJOR CONTRIBUTORS TO PET OVER-POPULATION. NOT TO MENTION MOST OF THOSE PLACES ARE RUN UNDER HORRIFIC CONDITIONS AND THE ANIMALS ARE NOT WELL BRED, AT ALL. AND, IF YOU MUST GET RID OF A PET PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO IT YOURSELF, FIND A GOOD AND PROPER HOME AND LOOK EARLY, DON'T WAIT TIL THE LAST SECOND AND DUMP IT AT THE SHELTER. GENERALLY SPEAKING SHELTERS PUT DOWN ALMOST HALF OF WHAT THEY TAKE IN. THEY HAVE TO, THERE IS NO ROOM AND BARELY ANY FUNDING. IT'S TERRIBLE. DON'T DO IT. THERE ARE SO MANY ANIMALS THAT NEED HOMES. SO SO MANY. THE RESCUE I VOLUNTEER FOR TURNS AWAY, ON AVERAGE, 20 DOGS A DAY. THESE ARE LABS, GOLDENS, CHESAPEAKE BAYS, ALMOST ALL ARE PURE BRED. THESE ARE FAMILY DOGS THAT FAMILIES NO LONGER WANT. IF YOU RESEARCH ANY OF THESE RESCUES AT ALL THE STORIES WILL MAKE YOU CRY. IT'S JUST SO OVERWHELMING. DON'T CONTRIBUTE TO THE PROBLEM. SPAY AND NEUTER YOUR PETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, that was my rant for the day.

No comments: