Friday, November 21, 2008

Such a klutz.

I chalk it up to genetics. I really don't know where else to lay the blame because I'm pretty sure I've been this way since birth.

I fell yesterday. It was a total yard sale type fall, I basically hurt every part of my body except my head, and thank goodness for that!!

I had to take Aria to another foster home because we are leaving for a week on Sunday and last night was the best time for me and her new foster to do the exchange. The night started off badly because I totally forgot I was suppose to meet this person at 6:30 in Denver and suddenly at 7pm I freaked out realizing I missed it. She never called me though, which was weird. Anyway, I called her, left a message and jumped in the car. She never called me back. I got to our meeting spot an hour late and of course she wasn't there. I didn't know what to do so I called the rescue foster coordinator to find out if there was another phone number for this person. There was a bit of phone tag and then I was told to just head up to her house (in Westminster, so about 45 minutes from my house). Apparently she had left her phone at home and she thought she missed me because she was a little late and she had no way to get a hold of me. Figures right?! So I headed to her house.

Once I got Aria in the house I headed out to grab her food. Their house is on a little hill with 5 long steps leading down to the sidewalk. They are railroad tie steps which are filled with those small sharp black rocks. I tripped or slipped or something on the top step and went all the way down, when I stopped my right hand was on the sidewalk. Oy.

Injuries are as follows:
Both knees are skinned.
My right shin is skinned and bruised badly. Like 2" long skinned to the bone. It's so gross.
My left elbow is skinned.
My left wrist and shoulder are sore.
My left hand is skinned on the knuckles. When I stopped I was laying on this arm.
My stomach is bruised, painfully so. It hurts while I am just sitting here.
My neck is out of whack.
My right hip hurts.
Both my ankles are sore

I don't know how I didn't hit my head at all but I didn't thank goodness. It's the only part that doesn't hurt!!! I don't know why these things happen to me but the fall season seems to be the season I hurt myself. It's so weird.

I'm glad for pain killers today. James has some nifty pills from when he had work done on his teeth and I took one last night. It made me feel very good and I actually slept well.

4 comments:

April Showers said...

Good gracious lady! What a fall! You and I are alike in that respect for sure. Grace could never be my middle name! ;-) Hope you get to feeling better so you can enjoy your trip.

April Showers said...

Good gracious lady! What a fall! You and I are alike in that respect for sure. Grace could never be my middle name! ;-) Hope you get to feeling better so you can enjoy your trip.

Heather said...

I hope you are feeling better today. Falls can really make you notice every part of your body, that you take for granted every day! Stay safe on vacation! I guess falling while skiing is a possiblity??

The Mama said...

I am feeling a lot better today actually. I have a nice large yellow green bruise on my stomach and the large gash on my right shin is still looking pretty bad but otherwise I don't look too bad! The soreness is disappearing.

I don't know if we will ski or not, the snow isn't all that great and I definitely don't need to add to my injuries!!!