Monday, January 05, 2009

Happy New Year!

2009 is in full swing around here!

After 2 weeks of holidays and birthdays and James being home for 10 1/2 of the last 12 days I think we all got enough rest and relaxation in to face the next few very busy months.

The kiddos started their swimming lessons this morning and it went great. I think they are going to progress a lot faster swimming daily for 2 weeks in a row. I need to look at the calendar and see if they can do a session the beginning of February without running into our vacation to NC. Ian was a little hesitant to go in because he said it was too cold, but by the end of class he was splashin' with the rest of the class which was a relief because this is his first swimming class without James or I actually in the water with him. Gracie continues to be a total fish and had her head underwater within 2.2 seconds of her class starting.

We have a new home school group started, I decided it was time to get something going that is actually geared towards people down in this SE area of Denver. It's been difficult finding just the right fit that isn't a 45 minute drive for any of the get-togethers. So I contacted people I've met through the other groups I've been involved in who I know are also on this side of town and we are getting our own little thing going. I think we have 7 families now and hopefully more will join in. Having a good group of friends in and around Parker is something I feel we really need, I just can't justify driving to the other side of Denver a couple times a week.

I've started trying to get in shape.......again. This is a never ending quest for me and my post babies body. I'm doing the Couch to 5K program again and hoping to make it past 3 weeks this time. I got myself a punch card to the rec center and my goal is 3 times a week before James leaves for work. I have some food goals too but nothing too major because I know that getting all diety on myself never works. I've found I actually enjoy running. I never really have before but I guess it's come with maturity!

The CA beachhouse countdown is at t-minus 18 days. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the weather is warm and sunny the entire week we are there. We are planning to head to the beach after April's wedding in February too so we will be in both the Pacific and Atlantic oceans in a 3 week span of time. I think this is pretty cool and hope we are able to enjoy it to the fullest!

No comments: