Friday, May 01, 2009

She turned 5 today!!!

I can't believe it, but she really turned 5 today. In fact she was born at 10:30something pm, so right about now. Crazy!!!
We had a very good day. We started out bright and early with present opening. She got some great stuff. A huge box of dress up clothes, a bunch of awesome 1970's Barbie blow up furniture (oh how I love Goodwill), some new books, a prince and princess puppet, a couple games, and a Hannah Montana CD. All things she will get a lot of use out of I'm sure!

After spending the morning trying on a bunch of the clothes we got dressed and headed out to our local museum and hung out with my good friend Kendrah and her kiddos. We had lunch together and played a little longer, then headed home for a quiet afternoon. Once James got home we headed out for dinner at Gracie's restaurant of choice, McDonalds! After that we headed over to Cold Stone to get her free birthday ice cream. Then a quick run to Costco to pick up the sandwiches and some beer for her party tomorrow (we have a lot of adults coming too, don't worry, we won't give the kids beer), and then we came home. A couple phone calls had to be returned, one to my dad and one to auntie April and then off to dreamland for the kids.

Tomorrow is the party. I'm sure I'll have a ton of pictures to post from that.

So my Gracie girl, I love you so much. I can't believe how big you are. I'm so proud of you, you are such a sweet girl. You are strong and kind and smart, you make me glad to be a mama every single day!

2 comments:

Marie said...

Oh she is beautiful. Happ Birthday

April Showers said...

I can't believe she's 5 either! I still remember the first time I got to come home and hold her...she was so chubby. Poor little thing! :-) Now look at her! Can't wait for more pics from the party.