Friday, July 17, 2009

Roadtrip ‘09

The kids, my mother-in-law and I journeyed to Chicago on July 5th and returned on July  14th.   Our trip included stops at the Herbert Hoover house, Ikea, Lego Land, downtown Chicago, the American Girl store, an architectural boat tour on the Chicago river and Lake Michigan, and a Pony Express station with tons of random stops along the way.  I got to experience a very local restaurant in Omaha thanks to my visit with my friend Andi.  We were able to visit with grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends.   The kids played with a slip and slide at Grandma and Grandpas and caught fireflies for the first time.  They played at the park I played at a million times as a kid.  We picked raspberries at Aunt Cheryl’s house.  The day before we left Gracie got sick but otherwise the entire trip went off without any problems.  Believe it or not it went so well I’m looking forward to doing it again!

Here’s some pictures!  I also included July 3rd when we went to a Rockies game and the 4th up in Loveland.

 

No comments: