Monday, November 09, 2009

What’s up?

Here’s some of the low down from the last week!

Last Sunday James and I went out for our 7th anniversary.  We ate at Mt. Fuji where we had a wonderful hibachi dinner.  Yum!  Then we went to Target and shopped without kids.  Yes, that’s one of our favorite things to do, so much so that we paid a babysitter so we could do it!  Here we are before we headed out.

IMG_6103

Monday evening I had a moms night out with my friend Brandi, who I kind of sort of knew in college but really know now that we are grown ups!  We went to see The Pioneer Woman at the Tattered Cover where she was doing a signing for her new cook book.  In spite of the fact that we arrived an hour and a half early we ended up about 400 people back in line because WE WERE AT THE WRONG LOCATION!!!  We found out we were at the wrong place at 7 and hightailed it to the other location but by then we were pretty much screwed.  So we waited and waited and waited and it was fun and silly and exhausting and totally worth it.  We finally got to talk to Ree around 12:15am.  James had sent me a text at midnight wishing me a happy anniversary since the 3rd is our anniversary and everyone left in the store said “Awwww”.  Ree was very nice even though she must have just been totally exhausted.  It was a good night, one I needed.

I feel like I spent the rest of the week recovering from our book store adventure though.  I was so exhausted!  Thursday was the anniversary of Sarah’s accident and death so I was feeling pretty low and fragile most of the day.  The whole thing still makes me tear up.    Saturday was a lazy day that we ended with dinner at the mall, looking, browsing at the christmas store and letting the kids play with everything in the Pottery Barn kids store. 

So generally we’ve had a quiet week!  We don’t really have much of anything big planned in the near future.  I've started babysitting a couple days a week and next Tuesday it will ramp up to 3 days a week and I’ll be adding an infant, so my free time will be seriously compromised.

So that’s what’s up around here!

No comments: