Saturday, October 09, 2010

The things they say and do

Yesterday while playing outside Ian yelled “Yipees, I don’t want to have a flash flood” and then ran inside to go to the bathroom.

Gracie asked me today if she could dye her hair green and hang candy canes in it like Fancy Nancy on the cover of the Splendiferous Christmas.  I said yes.

Gracie has named the chickens Courage, Lily, and Kelly.  Ian named them Bob, Moe and Jerry.  The rights to who actually got to name them was hotly debated so I said they can have two sets of names and they can each call them the names they picked.  But they both call all the chickens Chicken. 

Gracie said today “I know what I want to be when I grow up.  I want to be a food judge on that cooking channel.”

Ian runs to Gracie’s defense anytime she’s upset these days.  Unless he’s the one who upset her, then he runs and hides.

We went to the circus a few days ago and between the ringmaster and Gracie I must have heard the words “This is the greatest show on earth!” about a million times.  That girl takes something she hears and runs with it, yes she does!

Nothing can make Ian laugh like a good fart joke.

They have decided to be Scooby and Shaggy for Halloween and regularly practice talking like them.  This makes understanding Gracie (aka Scooby) pretty hard at times.

No comments: