Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

First off, one of my goals for this year is to update this thing more and not do so many catch up posts.

That said, this is a catch up post! With LOTS of pictures.  Sorry.

So, 2010 ended with the last of gymnastics.  The kids have loved their class and their coach so much.  We actually start again this week.  They thought about switching to Karate (Ian) and Dance (Gracie) but then decided to stay with gymnastics.  I’m glad because their coordination has really improved since they started in September and they like it and they are sweaty and exhausted at the end of every class, so it’s a win win!

 IMG_2840IMG_2824 IMG_2825  IMG_2826IMG_2818IMG_2827IMG_2828IMG_2829IMG_2830  IMG_2819 IMG_2841   

We had Christmas of course.  James and my dad pulled off the surprise of the year and my dad walked in with James from work on Thursday evening.  It took me the rest of the night to recover from the shock!  We had a great visit, it was so nice for him to see the kids for the holidays and he got to help build the HUGE doll house he had gotten for Gracie.

IMG_2895 IMG_2944 IMG_2950 IMG_2937 IMG_2884 IMG_2912 IMG_2909 IMG_2887   IMG_2936 IMG_2939 IMG_2932 IMG_2906

Then on Sunday we had James parents and brother and soon to be sister in law down for Christmas 2.0.  Later in the day my sister and her family came for a visit.  I have like 4 blurry pictures from the day, none of which are worth posting so we will just have to remember it with our brains!

Thursday the 30th was Ian’s birthday.  We opened presents the second he woke up and I was feeling sick and forgot to grab the camera again.  *smacks head*  Oh well, at least I managed a couple with his cake in the evening.  I can’t believe my baby is 5.  Time goes so fast!!!

IMG_2963 IMG_2968 IMG_2961

New Years Eve we wore pj’s all day long, sat around and relaxed and then enjoyed a MythBusters marathon in the late afternoon. 

IMG_2973 IMG_2974 IMG_2971 IMG_2976 IMG_2975

 

Which brings us to today.  Another lazy day.  I’m still fighting some sort of crud.  We had a bunch of deer in the yard today, I took pictures and posted them on facebook here.  I’ve spent the most of the last two days laying around.  I really hope I feel better tomorrow, we have Ian’s birthday party at Pump It Up tomorrow afternoon.  We made a quick run to Wally World and I bought a bunch of drugs to help me get through it! 

So that brings us up to speed.  Good bye to 2010.  It was a pretty good year all things considered.  Looking forward to seeing what 2011  brings!

2 comments:

samantha said...

Did you do the gymnastics at the Y? I was thinking of signing Jack and Wes up.. We just got a Y in Iron Mtn.--so, I'm willing to drive the 30-40 minutes to do it if it's fun!!

The Mama said...

We don't have a Y anywhere near us. They are doing classes at an actual gymnastics gym. The owner was a gymnast with Bela Karolyi, the guy who has coached the USA olympic team many times. It's just a local place but they do a great job and the kids love it. I think gymnastics can really vary depending on who is running it. There are places that are very military with it almost, from very young ages and then there's places that are in it for the fun. This place is definitely for fun! They do have a competitive team too which is much more structured, but for the younger kids they are all about them gaining coordination and enjoying the challenges.